To help inform you on the platforms of candidates running for mayor and council in the upcoming municipal election, Bayshore Broadcasting News reached out to all those seeking office in municipalities across Grey and Bruce counties.
Each local municipality will be posted daily over the the next week.
In Owen Sound, all candidates responded to a series of questions posed by Bayshore Broadcasting News.
You can access the answers provided by each candidate by clicking on his or her name below.
Here are the questions we asked:
1) Yes or No: Should Owen Sound allow bricks-and-mortar marijuana shops to operate in its boundaries? Why?
2) Yes or No: Should Owen Sound lower its property tax rate? If yes, how would you achieve this? If no, why?
3) Yes or No: Should Owen Sound continue to offer a vacancy rebate on commercial and industrial property? Why?
4) What is your plan to attract new industry and jobs to Owen Sound?
5) What is one other issue facing Owen Sound you would like to speak to, and how will you address this if elected?
Deputy Mayor Candidates